Naruto Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choose your own Destiny in the Ninja world!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
HotfireLegend (259)
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Vote_lcapRole-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Voting_barRole-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Vote_rcap 
SpiritedDoodle (170)
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Vote_lcapRole-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Voting_barRole-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Vote_rcap 
Aiko Uchiha (74)
Ikisho Hockisu (69)
BEE (66)
Hilot09 (48)
Natsuki Kanda (45)
Cepeda Uchiha (38)
Grell (8)
Hyuuga Haruko (7)
Latest topics
» Warm up for Ninjas
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby jon15ish Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 pm

» Technique Template
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby jon15ish Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:10 pm

» xrumer seo service blog backlinks
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 am

» Naruto Domain
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

» Bleach Saint of the Beast
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Guest Mon May 23, 2011 7:11 am

» Red Eyed Avenger
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Cepeda Uchiha Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 pm

» Naruto Cursed Bonds
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 am

» Naruto Shinobi Legends
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:49 am

» EM: Warm up for Ninjas
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Neji Hyuuga Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:04 pm

» How high can we count
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Emptyby Neji Hyuuga Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Ninjas
Land of Fire
Hokage: -
0 ANBU
1 Jounin
0 Chuunin
4 Genin

Land of Wind
Kazekage -
0 ANBU
0 Jounin
1 Chuunin
2 Genin

Land of Water
Mizukage -
0 ANBU
1 Jounin
0 Chuunin
2 Genin

Land of Earth
Tsuchikage: -
0 ANBU
0 Jounin
0 Chuunin
3 Genin

Land of Lightning
Raikage: -

1 ANBU
1 Jounin
0 Chuunin
0 Genin

Affiliates
Please share ours!:
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play NarutoDestinyimg
Spoiler:

----
Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play NarutoRPGAffimage

RPG-Directory

Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpiritedDoodle
Genin
Genin
SpiritedDoodle

DP : 3
Character Name : Yuuta Ki
Char Age : 14
Element : Fire
Clan : -
Bloodline : -
Village : Hidden Leaf

Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play Empty
PostSubject: Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play   Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Many people know the role-play with uses of " * " Well, that's NOT how you role-play here. Role-playing here is lot more descriptive and more clear than that.
Let's slowly go trough this guide, and i hope you understand.

Lesson 1: Basics
First of all, I will explain how to present actions and speeches. Speeches we will put it " ", same as in books and when you have to write a dialogue between two persons in english class, or w/e is your main language.
Quote :
Yuuta said to his enemy: "I shall defeat you!"

We don't put actions in anything. They are simply dropped in the post.
Quote :
Then he grabs his Kunai from under sleeve and throws it towards enemy's chest.

And in result, we get something like this:
Quote :
Yuuta said to his enemy: "I shall defeat you!" Then he grabs hes Kunai from under sleeve and throws it towards enemy's chest.

At least that's pretty understandable. It tells to who i say the line, what i throw, from where did i get the Kunai and so on.
But don't expect you will get far with this kind of role-playing. (Well, you can get far, but lots of things require good role-plays in this rpg. Like becoming ANBU)

Lesson 2: Being descriptive
So let's say you know how to write simple role-plays like that, with speeches and actions and so on. Let's take it all to a better level. A good role-play must always be descriptive! Once your role-play is descriptive, it's hard for people to get confused. (Of course, lots of times they just don't read the text correct. Since sometimes... it happens to me.)
To be descriptive, you can describe your area, your mood, thoughts, clothes and so on. Even the smallest might do.

Let's use the role-play from lesson 1, and make it descriptive!
First, let's tell people exactly how did Yuuta speak to hes enemy.
Quote :
Yuuta said to hes enemy with hostile eyes ready to kill: "I shall defeat you!" Then he grabs hes Kunai from under sleeve and throws it towards enemy's chest.

More actions for Yuuta, so we would know how he did stuff.
Quote :
Yuuta said to hes enemy with hostile eyes and head bit bent down ready to kill: "I shall defeat you!" Spreading legs a bit taking a battle pose, he reaches hes hand to side and a Kunai comes from under sleeve. Quickly grabbing it, Yuuta jumped back throwing it towards enemy's chest.

You know that looks lot better! If you really like your char's clothes and you wish to accent them, you can always describe it's movements along with your body.
Quote :
Yuuta said to hes enemy, hes cape and long hair suddenly stopped flapping from the wind and with hostile eyes and head bit bent down ready to kill: "I shall defeat you!" Spreading legs a bit taking a battle pose, he reaches hes hand to side, as cape raised up along with arm and a Kunai came from Yuuta's sleeve. Quickly grabbing it, Yuuta jumped back throwing it towards enemy's chest.

This isn't quite all, you can add many other things, like the area and more of your thoughts and stuff like that.
But beware of adding useless things!

Lesson 3: Being unique
What makes people be unique? The creativity of course! Many stuff can be done in many ways, to make it creative.
Same with role-plays! Examples? Design... pictures... music (just make sure it's NOT on auto start)

Who knows, maybe you will become a role-model for someone Razz

Lesson 4: Don't start all at once
Unless you've done it before, i don't suggest going super descriptive and unique from the very start. I remember my first role-plays and now im laughing at how bad i was, but slowly, i learned from others...

Who knows? Maybe you got a talent, and you can be very perfect at the start...
Back to top Go down
https://naruto-destiny.rpg-board.net

Role-Playing Guide / How to Role-Play
Page 1 of 1